Friday, January 28, 2011

God Can Teach Us With Winnie the Pooh, Too!--01/24/11

It was 11 p.m. and I needed to wake up sometime before 8 so I could babysit Kadynn if Amberly didn't get back from her driver's permit testing in time to watch her herself. I decided to spend a few minutes in prayer before I went to sleep since I hadn't had any Godtime all day. (I've been making a horrible habit of spending time with God after midnight or not at all).

After about 15 minutes of this prayer and worship, I got under my warm covers, quite happy to fall asleep with God. For the past few weeks I haven't slept with my Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal, I guess to get used to being able to sleep without it--I don't know, I just felt like God wants me to get used to less-than-comfortable situations since I won't always have small comforts like stuffed animals :P Anyway, after I laid down, this night I felt as though I *should* cuddle my beloved Winnie. Although unsure why, I delightedly complied. God told me to not hug back but put Winnie's arms around me. This was to represent God always holding onto me even when I'm not holding onto Him. Also recently, I've been praying God would draw me near to Him. God then told me to hug "Winnie" back. Happily, I did, and He told me that although He is always with me, He can only draw me so close to Him without my drawing near in return. When I hugged Winnie tighter, he became even closer than he had been with his arms around me on his own. And so it is with God.

"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you."
James 4:8

"Oh draw near to my soul and redeem it.... The humble have seen it [His salvation] and are glad; you who seek God, let your heart revive."
Psalm 69:18a, 32

No comments:

Post a Comment