Sunday, August 14, 2011

See you soon, Africa! Hello, America!

Well, I'm home now, and Amberly comes home today, too. It all just feels surreal. Roads are smooth, and people drive fast. There are hugs instead of handshakes. There's hot water in the shower, and my feet don't stick out of my bed when I lay down; additionally, my pillowcase doesn't have any visible dirt or dust. I can understand people when they talk 90 mph, and I have access to a stereo anywhere I go. My clothes smell clean and I can wash my laundry with no basin, no hard work, in no time. And the funny thing is: it all makes me feel uncomfortable. My heart is broken to help people, and I feel like so much money and time is wasted on man's idea of the "necessities of life." I wanna handwash my underwear and take a cold shower and not care about the particles of dust embedded in my pillowcase.

And yet...I know that in this season of my life, anyway, this is where God wants me.

Hello, America. God sent me here to love you. Will you take my hand and walk with me into this great adventure?

~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment