Thursday, May 5, 2011

Is God Evil OR Does He Just Give Us What We Ask For?

"They have chosen their own ways,
and they delight in their abominations;
so I also will choose harsh treatment for them
and will bring on them what they dread.
For when I called, no one answered,
when I spoke, no one listened.
They did evil in my sight
and chose what displeases me.”

Isaiah 66:3b-4.

In other words, My people, Whom I created (see verse 2), have turned against me and whored their hearts among things I despise in place of Me. FOR THIS REASON, I will bring judgment upon them. BECAUSE THEY ADULTERED AGAINST ME, their God Who has loved them, I will punish them severely. I tried to speak with them, but they ignored Me. I tried to tell them my Words of life, but they denied them. Instead, they chose to abandon Me and rebel against all I had taught them, choosing instead a life I didn't desire for them.

...it sure sounds like we're bringing the "bad stuff" in the world upon ourselves.

***photo courtesy of Stephanie Carmack***

No comments:

Post a Comment