Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lies Vs. Truths

Lies: It's a lie that I have to look a certain way to be beautiful. It's a lie that I have to have a husband to be beloved. It's a lie that my past and my current struggles define who I am.


Truths: God formed me in my mother's womb, and I am a dim reflection of His beauty. God is my Husband, and no longer the one whom I call my Master, and I am His beloved bride. He loves me with jealous passion. God defines me as pure, perfect, and acceptable because He has thrown my sins as far as the East is from the West, and His Son's blood covers me. I am beautiful, beloved, and made whole.

And that's the truth.

"I don't need to see it to believe it.
I don't need to see it to believe it.
'Cause I
Can't shake
This fire burning deep inside of me."
~"Tear Down The Walls" by Hillsong

***photo courtesy of Stephanie Carmack***

No comments:

Post a Comment